Even if every performance is sold out, ticket sales would cover less than half of our annual cost. Your gift in any amount helps us present exciting and innovative productions; create opportunities for Asian Pacific American performers, writers, and designers; and bring the magic of theater to our stage and to the community!
East West Players is not just a theater company, but also a social justice organization blazing a trail for API visibility, equity, and representation, onstage and across TV, film, and all media. As the longest-running theatre of color and the largest producer of Asian American stories in American theatre, we are also the incubator for the vast majority of Asian American talent working in the entertainment industry today.
World Class Theatre for Thousands
This year, EWP reached 30,000 individuals – including 15,000 students and youth — with world-class theatre productions and unique, culturally sensitive arts education programs. We are proud to be an artistic home to both a thriving community of 300+ theatre professionals, and to one of the most diverse audiences in the country. None of this is possible without you!
But this work does not come easy, and that is why we need your support to keep EWP’s work alive, and to make sure that we continue to grow. With your help, we will:
- Welcome more new audiences into our theatre with an increase in programming geared towards families and younger audiences
- Develop and produce new work through a newly-launched Playwrights Group that will allow original and dynamic API voices and stories a place to be heard
- Further the reach of our arts education programs for young audiences, making sure Asian American history is taught in schools and brought to life with vivid storytelling
- Expand our programming with more innovative productions, particularly through partnerships with other artistic organizations such as TAIKOPROJECT, New Musicals Inc., and the Japanese American National Museum
- Continue to be one of the rare theatres in Los Angeles that seeks to pay its artists a living wage, while at the same time keeping ticket prices affordable and accessible.
So, here’s how you can support East West Players:
- Donate online by clicking the button below.
- Make a recurring monthly donation and support East West Players all year round by clicking the button below.
- Send a check payable to East West Players to
East West Players
120 Judge John Aiso St.
Los Angeles, CA 90012
- Contact Development Manager Dora Quach at firstname.lastname@example.org or (213) 625-7000 x14.
For a list of donor benefits, click here.
All donations are tax deductible. EWP is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) charitable organization, Tax ID 95-6151775.